We spend a great deal of time in our homes especially with the situation we are in now where, work-from-home is encouraged and online classes have replaced in-person learning. So we cannot disregard or ignore the importance of transforming our home into our own oasis. In addition, the condition of our home has a direct impact on our mental state. Transforming your home into your personal paradise doesn’t have to be complicated and costly as there are numerous ways to give it a revamp without emptying your wallet. For instance, you can start by decluttering your home, getting rid of things that only collects dust and take up so much space, organizing your stuff and keeping things minimal.
JMJ Painters – Leaving The Paint Job To Experts
One home improvement technique that could instantly and even completely transform the look of your home is to give your walls a new paint color. This is because color has the capacity to alter or reorient our perception of the size and shape of the room.
JMJ Painters are experts in the industry. They provide professional painting services for both residential and commercial buildings. Not only do they have the experience, knowledge and skill set, they also have the right equipment and tools as well as only make use of high quality paints to ensure that the right and needed pre-painting prep work is carried out so as to have a flawless and lasting paint job.
JMJ Painters adheres to the Painting Contractors Association’s standards of workmanship and safety and are also members of various painting organizations in both local and national levels. That is why they constantly work on bettering and mastering their craft to continuously provide quality paint work and service.
While you can opt to do the painting project yourself, the project can consume much of your time as well as your energy especially if you are planning on painting multiple rooms in your interior or the whole exterior. Moreover, you need to do the proper pre-painting surface preparation if you want to achieve a smooth and even paint job. So it is best to leave the painting job to experienced professional painters for quality results.
Simple Ways To Improve Your Home Environment For Your Mental Health
As mentioned, there are many simple ways to improve your home environment to better and boost your mental wellbeing. In some ways and extent, a cluttered and messy home environment is linked to undesirable emotions such as tension, confusion and irritability, and could also affect our ability to focus, sleep, and anxiety levels. On the hand, an organized, clutter-free, clean and visually appealing space are more likely to yield favorable emotions such as tranquility and feelings of well-being. Additionally, it also helps better focus, productivity, and stress levels. With that, here some tips to instantly optimize your home environment.
- Let natural light in. Pull back curtains during the day to let in all the sunlight that you can. Switch to less restrictive curtains to allow light to enter your home.
- Get rid of all the clutter in your home especially those you don’t need.
- Add plants in your space as plants not only betters the visual appeal of your home, but also help sharpen your concentration and focus. Aloe Vera, snake plant, pathos, and succulents are some low maintenance houseplants you can incorporate.
- Add some art in your space. This does not necessarily mean paintings and other artworks. You can blow up and frame a photo that constantly makes you smile or an inspiring quote.
- Apart from making your home visually appealing, also make sure that the air quality in your home is clean and fresh to avoid breathing in dust and other allergens.
- When it comes to paint color of your space, choose them well as colors has an effect on one’s mood and feelings. Read on color psychology to learn more.